Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Moving Weekend...How it went down

What a crazy last couple days we have had.
Crazy in a good way.
For the most part.

We have been searching for an apartment for quite some time. And have been getting pretty frustrated.
We were almost to the point of giving up for a couple weeks. Then Tony looked on craigslist last Friday morning. Found a super cute place. Called. Went to look at it. Loved it!

He called me. Made an appointment for Friday after I got off work to go check it out. I loved it. Applied and paid credit check fee.

She told us hopefully by the end of the weekend we would find out if we got it.
Twenty minutes later I got home. Just walked into the bedroom when my phone rang.
The manager called, told us we were approved. Yup, that fast!!!
Ask when we wanted to move in. Of course we said immediately. Told her we would be there Saturday morning with our first month's rent and ready to sign lease.

We were beyond excited. Like I cannot even tell you how thrilled we were/are. So of course we had to go and celebrate at no other place than Outback ;-)

The next morning we woke up bright and early to pack and move.
Got our coffee, the moving truck, went to our storage unit. And were on our way :)

Our day started our great...until the shittiest thing happened. Tony was carrying out the dresser drawers, couldn't see the step and totally busted his ankle. Yup...five minutes into the moving process he did this.
He and I moved ourselves, no help. So he had to be on it Poor guy was in so much pain.
{Saturday evening}

After a long exhausting, but exciting day all our stuff was in the apartment.
Oh, forgot to mention...since it was the weekend our gas and electricity wasn't turned on.
We 'camped out' in our new place.

Sunday morning we woke up at 7am. No clue why...we were so exhausted from Saturday, but just couldn't fall back asleep. So we got our day going.
First stop coffee. We went to Coffee Bean...I cheated on Starbucks, I know ;)
And guess who I saw.
Andrea from 90210. I grew up watching that I was totally star struck.
Totally did a double take, yup I was that girl LOL
Tony had no clue who she was. I was super stoked...we are in that area now where a lot of celebrities I am sure this is just the beginning.

Later we went to Pottery Barn to use some gift cards from the wedding {yes we have tons still} and I saw a one of the girls from Days of our Lives. I watched that during the summer in high school. So I thought it was cool. Yet again, Tony had no clue who she was.

For lunch we decided to try out a new restaurant on Ventura Blvd.
Roman's Deli/Bakery. It was delicious!!
A new favorite place.

Later on, we did more errands...
Urban Home, Bed Bath and Beyond, and probably a few other places.
We ordered a couch. Got a fridge.

By the end of Sunday night this is Tony's ankle...much more swollen

Monday our Internet/cable turned on. Gas and electricity turned on.
Fridge came.

Tuesday our couch was delivered.
Our place is coming together.
Now just gotta hang some things so it feels more homey.

We love it!!


Lyndsay said...

Congratulations on the new place! It looks great! :) That's awesome that you ran into two celebrities. Who did you see from Days? I used to watch that soap too!

MellyB said...

Whoa, that ankle is looking rough. Dude needs as ice pack, your new couch and some crappy tv. Or do dudes not do crappy tv? Wait, I just remember every crappy sci-fi movie featuring giant prehistoric creatures. Dudes do. Congrats on the new place!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the new place! That stinks about your hubby's ankle :( ouch!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

yipee!!! sooo exciting! congrats on your new place!!

Lindsay said...

COngrats on the move! MOVING is no fun, but usually worth it :)

Natalia Lynn said...

Where are you guys living? It looks so cute! Poor Tony, he is such a trooper though! And I think he is so cute to be in all your pictures for the sake of the blog! Lavar is not really all that interested... haha Miss you!